Tuesday 11 February 2014

Photoshop Drawing Techniques

For all of my drawings I used the same technique, which involved using a sketchy, blod outlined style like that of artists I looked at.

I would start by drawing the outline, whilst looking at the reference picture. I would shade parts of the outline to add more depth to the outline and the picture overall. The brush used for the outlines it a thin, pen brush at around 50% opacity.


My shading was done with a completely different brush, and the shading style I have gone for is a light sketchy style to make it look like it was shaded with a pencil. The brush is one of Photoshop's default, which is like a paintbrush-like, but gives a sketch-like effect when set at a low opacity.




The background is done in the same style as the colouring of the main image. I used this colour as it was the background colour of the album which the original image was from.

No comments:

Post a Comment