Thursday 6 March 2014

A guide for animating characters in After Effects

http://provideocoalition.com/ryoung/story/animate_a_character_in_after_effects
This website provides several different ways of animating characters in After Effects.
The tutorials show how to import iamges from illustrator, showing how to layer the images so they can be animated, and how to change things like the anchor points on the characters so the limbs can move. I have found these videos helpful in thinking of how I am going to animate my final piece, as I am still undecided whether I should do it frame-by-frame or by separately animating pieces of the characters.

These are also tutorials for animating 3D models in After Effects, but I don't think I will be using 3D space in my animations.

No comments:

Post a Comment