Saturday 11 January 2014

Looking for Inspiration - Various Artists

As I am struggling to find inspiration for my ideas, I have looked up various artists and found work that I like, and I will use when experimenting with my posters.

This is some of Sandra Suy's artwork. The style used on the models is simplistic, and is contrasted by the colours used on the clothing. I like this style as it mixes realism with hand-drawn, and the contrast in the beige background and the bold colours used on the clothes works well.
















Steve Simpson's artwork also uses a lot of colour, and her uses a cortoon-esque drawing style on his characters to make his pictures look unique. His work also uses a lot of typography, which he uses to good effect.

















I looked at Julie Dillon's work because the subject matter of her art interested me, as well as the way she drew her pieces. She uses a lot of bright colours in the backgrounds of her pictures, which contrasts with the realistic style used on the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment